Crescent Hill Baptist Church
Henlee Hulix Barnette
This 10x12 acrylic on leather portrait of Dr. Barnette was painted by long time friend and fellow church member, Wendell Arnett in 1977 probably for the occasion of one of Henlee's many "retirement" dinners.
Some of his published books
- Introducing Christian Ethics; Broadman Press, 1961
- Communism: Who? What? Why? Broadman Press, 1962
- An Introduction to Communism; Baker Book House, 1964
- Christian Calling and Vocation; Baker Book House, 1965
- Students Study Guide in Christian Ethics; Seminary Extension Dept, 1965
- The New Theology and Morality, Westminster Press, 1967
- Has God Called You? Broadman Press, 1969
- Crucial Problems in Christian Perspective; Westminster Press, 1970
- The Drug Crisis in the Church; Westminster Press, 1971
- The Church and the Ecological Crisis; Eerdmans, 1972
- Biblical Perspectives on Bioethical Problems; Stetson University Press, 1981
- Exploring Medical Ethics; Mercer University Press, 1982
- Your Freedom To Be Whole; Westminster Press, 1984
- Clarence Jordan: a prophet in blue jeans; Clarence Jordan lectures..
4/1982, Louisville, 1986
- Perspectives on Christian Ethics; Essays in Honor of Henlee Hulix Barnette, Rollin S. Armour, ed; Mercer Univ Press, 1991
including sections by these "CHBC" folk:
Ronald D. Sisk: "Contextual Principled--Agapism as an Ethical Method"
Frank Stagg: "Henlee Hulix Barnette: Activist"
Paul M. Debusman: "A Bibliography of the Writings of Henlee Barnette"
- Clarence Jordan: Turning Dreams into Deeds; Smyth & Helwys, 1992
- The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and the Civil Rights Movement;
Review and Expositor, SBTS, 1993
- Introducing Christian Ethics, paperback edition, 1998
- A Pilgrimage of Faith: My Story, Mercer, Nov 2004
A Letter from Henlee - 1992
Helen Barnette died in the spring of 1992, and in the fall of that same year Charlie Dobbins died. Henlee felt moved to write the following letter of condolence to Mrs. Dobbins on the back of a copy of the article, "Living with Lonliness" published in the Nov/Dec 1992 issue of Pulpit Digest.
Available from Mercer University Press, November 2004
CRESCENT HILL BAPTIST CHURCH
2800 Frankfort Avenue
Louisville, Kentucky 40206
We would like to hear from you.
Return to Home page