past and present...who've attended
Crescent Hill Baptist ChurchCrescent Hill Baptist Church is and has always been a community of folk who enjoy sharing each others stories about their faith and life. Many have taken the time to share their stories for the "record." The lists below primarily represent published books and albums known to the church and cited in the SBTS Library computer and the files of Amazon.com. This is but a sampling of the many words--spoken, sung and written--by these present and former members of the CHBC faith community. Those instrumental musicians who "speak" in another manner are also listed. Eventually we'll note those who've sung in the choirs, participated in Chime and Drama, and graced us with the Visual Arts.
Please send additions and corrections to J.W.Arnett. or Amelia Debusman....rev. 6/23/97
(authors: A-D, E-G, H-K, L-N, O-Q, R-V, W-Z) (songwriters ) (Instrumental Musicians)
- Understanding Today's Youth; Convention Press, 1982
Allen, Nancy Drown
- "Dual Careers" in Women on Pilgrimage, ed Shurden et al; BSSB, 1982
Ammerman, Nancy Tatom
- Bible Believers: Fundamentalists in the Modern World;
Rutgers Univ Press, 1987
- Baptist Battles: Social Change and Religious Conflict in the Southern Baptist Convention; Rutgers Univ Press, 1990
- Southern Baptists Observed: Multiple Pespectives on a Changing Denomination; Univ of Tenn Press, 1993
- Work, Family, and religion in Contemporary Society (with Wade Clark Roof, ed); Routledge, 1995
- Congregation & Community; Rutgers Univ Press, 1997
Amos, William E.
- When AIDS comes to church; Westminster Press, 1988
- A pastoral theological response to multiple personality disorder;
thesis (Ph.D.), SBTS, 1994
Bailey, Patricia Lawson
- Baptist Center Manual; Home Mission Bd, 1987
- Thomas Merton on mysticism; Image Books, 1975
- Preaching as a Rhetorical Art; Louisville, 1986
- Paul the Preacher; Broadman Press, 1991
- Dramatic monologues: making the Bible live; Broadman Press, 1990
Barnette, Henlee H. (1911-2004)
- Introducing Christian Ethics; Broadman Press, 1961
- Communism: Who? What? Why? Broadman Press, 1962
- An Introduction to Communism; Baker Book House, 1964
- Christian Calling and Vocation; Baker Book House, 1965
- Students Study Guide in Christian Ethics; Seminary Extension Dept, 1965
- The New Theology and Morality, Westminster Press, 1967
- Has God Called You? Broadman Press, 1969
- Crucial Problems in Christian Perspective; Westminster Press, 1970
- The Drug Crisis in the Church; Westminster Press, 1971
- The Church and the Ecological Crisis; Eerdmans, 1972
- Biblical Perspectives on Bioethical Problems; Stetson University Press, 1981
- Exploring Medical Ethics; Mercer University Press, 1982
- Your Freedom To Be Whole; Westminster Press, 1984
- Clarence Jordan: a prophet in blue jeans; Clarence Jordan lectures..
4/1982, Louisville, 1986
- Perspectives on Christian Ethics; Essays in Honor of Henlee Hulix Barnette, Rollin S. Armour, ed; Mercer Univ Press, 1991
including sections by these "CHBC" folk:
Ronald D. Sisk: "Contextual Principled--Agapism as an Ethical Method"
Frank Stagg: "Henlee Hulix Barnette: Activist"
Paul M. Debusman: "A Bibliography of the Writings of Henlee Barnette"
- Clarence Jordan: Turning Dreams into Deeds; Smyth & Helwys, 1992
- The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and the Civil Rights Movement;
Review and Expositor, SBTS, 1993
- Introducing Christian Ethics, paperback edition, 1998
- A Pilgrimage of Faith: My Story, Mercer, Nov 2004
Barnette, Martha[CHBC "Youth Alumni" Class of 1975]
- The Bill Schroeder Story; William Morrow and Co, 1987
- A Garden of Words; Times Books, 1992
- Ladyfingers and Nun's Tummies: a lighthearted look at how
foods got their names; Random House, 1997
- Dog Days and Dandelions; 2003
- "Mid-Life" in Women on Pilgrimage, ed Shurden et al; BSSB, 1982
- "Guilt and help from friends: Variables related to
healthy behavior." Journal of Social Psychology, 1993
Blevins, Carolyn DeArmond
- "Career Resumption" in Women on Pilgrimage, ed Shurden et al; BSSB, 1982
Boone, William Cooke (1892-1970)
- What God Hath Joined Together: sermons on courtship,
marriage and the home; Broadman Press, 1935
- What We Believe; Sunday School Board of SBC, 1936
- Together: Courtship, Marriage, and the Home; Broadman Press, 1949
- Brewer [a family genealogy]; 1995
Brooks, Nathan C. ( ? - mid 1980's)
- Your Covenant Fellowship with God; SSB of the SBC, 1975
- The Covenant Fellowship Emphasis Guidebook; SSB of the SBC, 1975
Bugg, Charles B.
- Getting on top when life gets us down: 15 sermons on Christian living;
Broadman Press, 1990
- Things my children are teaching me; Broadman Press, 1992
- Preaching from the inside out; Broadman Press, 1992
- Learning to Dream Again: from grief to gratitude; Smyth & Helwys, 1993
- A Faith to Meet Our Fears; Peake Road, 1997
Burhans, Rollin S.
- "The Hands Are At Twelve." Commencement address, SBTS, 1972
- The apologetic method of Elton Trueblood; (Thesis (Th.D.) SwBTS, 1959
- Help! I'm a layman; Word Books, 1966
- Speaking in His Name; SSB of the SBC, 1970
- The reluctant witness; Broadman Press, 1974
- Is there a family in the house?; Word Books, 1978
- How to know when you've got it made: shaping a successful life;
Word Books, 1981
- 1 & 2 Corinthians; Word Books, 1985
- 175th anniversary of Walnut Street Baptist Church; Louisville, 1990
- God and I Can Talk: A Prayer Guide for Children, Grades 1-3;
New Hope, 1987
- Parenting By Grace, Christian Self-Esteem (with Diana Garland)
Clarke, Mary Neal
- An American Girl in Japan, 2002
Claypool, John Rowan
- Tracks of a Fellow Struggler: How to Handle Grief; Word Books, 1974
- The Preaching Event; Word Books, 1980
- Opening Blind Eyes; Abingdon Press, 1983
- The Light Within You; Word Books, 1983
- Glad Reunion: Meeting Ourselves in the Lives of
Bible Men and Women; Word Books, 1985
- Stories Jesus Still Tells: the Parables; McCracken Press, 1993
- God is an Amateur; Forward Movement Publishers, 1994
- Mending the Heart; Cowley Publications, 1999
Cobb, D. Dwight (1942-1995)
- The Guest House--renovation 1986; Southern Baptist
Theological Seminary, 1986.
Conver, Christopher C.
- Self-Defeating Life-Styles; BSSB of SBC, 1988
- Self-Defeating Life-Styles; BSSB of SBC, 1988
Cook, Betty Taylor
- "Death of a Husband" in Women on Pilgrimage, ed Shurden et al; BSSB, 1982
Cook, Richard Baldwin[CHBC "Youth Alumni" Class of 1961]
- Story of the Baptists in All Ages and Countries; Attic Press, 1976
- Mountaineer Pride, Prospects for Renewal in Southern West Virginia;
Mercer Press, 1985
- All of the Above, Vol I: Genealogy and History, Lineal Ancestors of Elizabeth Huey Taylor Cook; Nativa Publishing, 2008
- All of the Above, vol II: Genealogy and History, Lineal Ancestors of Cecil Virgil Cook, Jr; Nativa Publishing, 2008
Cothen, Grady C.[Dr. Cothen has never been a member of CHBC, but his son (Grady) married Lelia [sic] Routh, a niece of Leila Katherine Routh Arnett, and this book is of interest to CHBC members affected by the changes in the SBC.]
- What Happened to the Southern Baptist Convention: A Memoir of the Controversy;
Smyth & Helwys, 1993
- Celebrate Life (with Buryl Red's music); 1972
- Meditations for the Suddenly Single; Zondervan, 1983
- Celebrate Life!: study guide; Convention Press, 1983
- The Creator's Hand: the prophet, the poet, the psalms;
Convention Press, 1993
Cox, James W.
- The Ministers Manual, ed by Jas Cox; 1997
Crismon, Leo T. (1906-1986)
[SBTS librarian and CHBC historian for over thirty years]
- The Boone Family and Kentucky Baptists; Ky Bapt Hist Soc, 1946
- Kentucky Baptist Atlas: descriptive comments on historical Baptist sites
in Kentucky; Ky Baptist Historical Society, 1964
- History of the Crescent Hill Baptist Church, Louisville, Ky [unpub mss]
- "Divorce" in Women on Pilgrimage, ed Shurden et al; BSSB, 1982
Culpepper, Hugo H.
- The Christian Faith and Modern Man in the Thought of Miguel de Unamuno;
Thesis (Th.D.) SBTS, 1961
Culpepper, R. Alan[CHBC "Youth Alumni" Class of 1963]
- The Johannine school: an evaluaton of the Johannine-school hypothesis
based on an investigation of the nature of ancient schools;
Scholars Press for the Society of Biblical Literature, 1975
- Anatomy of the Fourth Gospel: a study in literary design; Fortress Press, 1983
- 1 John, 2 John, 3 John; J. Knox Press, 1985
- Pentecost 2; Fortress Press, 1986
- Manual of procedure, form, and style: a manual approved by
the Faculty of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary for use in
fulfillment of the requirements for all degree programs; SBTS, 1987
- John, the son of Zebedee: the life of a legend; Univ of SC Press, 1994
- Exploring the Gospel of John: In Honor of D. Moody Smith;
Westminster John Knox Press, 1996
- Critical Readings of John 6 (Biblical Interpretation, 22);
Brill Academic Pub, 1997
- Eternity As A Sunrise - The Life of Hugo H. Culpepper;
Mercer Press, 2002
Davis, Marty[CHBC "Youth Alumni" Class of 1991]
Debusman, Paul M.
- "A Bibliography of the Writings of Henlee Barnette" in Perspectives on Christian Ethics; Mercer Univ Press, 1991
Dobbins, Gaines Stanley (1886-1978)
- The Efficient Church: a study of polity and methods in the light of New Testament
principles and modern conditions and needs; SSB of SBC, 1923
- Working with Intermediates; Judson Press, 1926
- Baptist Churches in Action: a study of New Testament Principles and
Modern Methods of Application; SSB of SBC, 1929
- The School in Which We Teach Them; Judson Press, 1934
- Working Together in a Spiritual Democracy; Judson Press, 1935
- Teaching Adults in the Sunday School; Broadman Press, 1936
- Deepening the Spiritual Life; SSB of SBC, 1937
- Can a Religious Democracy Survive?; Fleming H. Revell Co, 1941
- The Improvement of Teaching in Sunday School; Judson Press, 1943
- Enlisting for Christ Our Returned Servicemen; SSB of SBC, 1945
- Evangelism According to Christ; Broadman Press, 1949
- Winning the Children; Broadman Press, 1953
- The Years Ahead; Convention Press, 1959
- Guiding Adults In Bible Study; Convention Press, 1960
- A Ministering Church; Broadman Press, 1960
- The Church at Worship; Broadman Press, 1962
- Learning to Lead; Broadman Press, 1968
- Zest for Living; Word Books, 1977
Dockrey, Karen Kline [taught Youth SS in late 1970's]
- Alone But Not Lonely [with Becky Nelson]; 1994
- Am I in Love: 12 Youth Studies on Guy/Girl Relationships
- Are You There God
- Back to Square One
- Bold Parents, Positive Teens :
Loving and Guiding Your Child Through the Challenges of Adolescence;
Random House, 2002
- Curing the Self Hate Virus [with Becky Nelson]; 1994
- Dating: Making Your Own Choices
- Does Anybody Understand?: Devotions for Teens on Family Survival
- Facing Down the Tough Stuff; Lion Pub, 1998
- M. Sell (Paperback)
- Family Survival Guide
- Friends: Finding and Keeping Them; Bapt. SS Board, 1985
- From Frustration to Freedom; Chariot Victor Pub, 1992
- Fun Friend-Making Activities for Adult Groups [with Bob Butler]; Group Pub, 1997
- Getting to Know God; Broadman Press, 1986
- Growing a Family Where People Really Like Each Other
- Holiday Specials and Boredom Busters: Snap Sessions
- Holman Student Bible Dictionary; Holman Bible Pub, 1993
- I Only See My Dad on Weekends:
Kids Tell Their Stories About Divorce and Blended Families (Kids Helping Kids)
- I Thought You Were My Friend!
- Innovative Worship
- Jr High Retreats and Lock-Ins
- Living Until Jesus Comes
- Missionsquest Devotional Book: Character Questions
- PointMaker [et al]; 2000
- Quick Studies BC [et al]; Cook Communications, 1994
- Reaching Your Kids: A Team Strategy for Parents and Youth Workers
- Spiritual Gifts; Random House, 2000
- The Student Bible Dictionary: A Complete Learning System to Help You
Understand Words, People, Places, and Events of the Bible [with Phyllis Godwin]; 2001
- Tuned-Up Parenting
- What's Your Problem?
- Whats a Kid Like Me Doing in a Family Like This?
- When a Hug Won't Fix the Hurt : Walking Your Child Through Crisis; New Hope, 2000
- When Everyone's Looking at You
- Why Does Everybody Hate Me
- Will I Ever Feel Good Again?: When You're Overwhelmed by Grief and Loss
- The Youth Worker's Guide to Creative Bible Study
- Youth Workers and Parents
- Youthcare: Giving Real Help That Makes a Real Difference
Dockrey, Emily et al. [Karen's daughter]
- You'll Never Believe What They Told Me:
Trusting God Through Serious
Illness (Kids Helping Kids)
Donovan, John B. [husband of Nancy Goetzman, CHBC "Youth Alumni" Class of 1963]
- Family Book of Bible Stories; Morehouse Pub Co, 1986
- Pat Robertson: The Authorized Biography; MacMillan Pub Co, 1988
Duke, Paul D.
- Crescent Hill Hymn (written with Grady Nutt); CHBC, 1981
- Irony in the Fourth Gospel; John Knox Press, 1985
- Mandelbaum Gate; Convention Press, 1963
Edge, Finley (1916- )
- Does God Want You As a Minister of Education; Broadman Press, 1951.
- Teaching Principles of Religious Education, SBC, 1953.
- Teaching for Results; Broadman Press, 1956.
- Helping the Teacher; Broadman Press, 1959.
- A Quest for Vitality in Religion: a theological approach to
religious education; Broadman Press, 1963.
- A Proposal for a Christian Conference Center; Louisville, 1968.
- The Greening of the Church; Word Books, 1971.
- "Matthew 7:1-2." In What Did the Bible Mean?; Broadman Press, 1971.
- Introduction to Growth Through Groups, Broadman Press, 1974.
- "Discipling Groups." In The Equipping of Disciples; Broadman Press, 1977.
- "Into the World, So Send I You." In The New Laity: Between Church and World; Word Books, 1978.
- "A Search for Authenticity." In Modern Masters of Religious Education, REPress, 1983.
- [see Temp Sparkman's Findley B. Edge: teacher, theorist, prophet; MBTS, 1985.]
- The Doctrine of the Laity; Convention Press, 1985(6).
Edge, Hoyt[CHBC "Youth Alumni" Class of 1962]
- Foundations of Parapsychology: Exploring the Boundaries of
Human Capability; Routledge, 1986
- A Constructive Postmodern Perspective on Self and Community:
From Atomism to Holism; Edwin Mellen Press, 1994
Francisco, Clyde T. (1916-1981)
- Studies in Jeremiah; Convention Press, 1961
- Introducing the Old Testament; Broadman Press, 1977
Gaddy, C. Welton
- "Henlee Barnette: Instructor on Life" in Perspectives on Christian Ethics;
Mercer Univ Press, 1991
Gaddy, Judy Gabriel
- "Identity" in Women on Pilgrimage, ed Shurden et al; BSSB, 1982
Garland, David E.
- One hundred years of study on the Passion narratives;
Mercer Univ Press, 1989
- Reading Matthew: A Literary and Theological Commentary
on the First Gospel; Crossroad Pub Co, 1995
- Mark; Zondervan Pub. House, 1996
Garland, Diana S. Richmond
- Beyond companionship: Christians in marriage; Westminster Press, 1986
- Marriage: for better or for worse; Broadman Press, 1989
- Parenting by Grace, Christian Self-Esteem (with Kathryn Chapman)
Garrett, James Leo
- Baptists and Roman Catholicism; Broadman Press, 1965
- Why build for Worship?; BSSB of SBC, 1970
- Theological Foundations of Christian World Missions; FMB of SBC, 1971
- A Theology of Prayer; Southwest Bapt Theo Sem, 1972
- Biblical Infallability and Inerrancy According to Baptist Confessions;
SSB or SBC, 1972
- Baptist Relations with Other Christians; Judson Press, 1974
- Living Stones, Vols I & II (history of the Broadway Baptist Church, Ft. Worth, TX);
Broadway Bapt Ch, Ft Worth, TX, 1984
- Systematic Theology: biblical, historical, and evangelical, Vol I;
W.B.Erdmans Pub Co, 1990
- Systematic Theology:...Vol II; 1996 or 97
Gaventa, Beverly Roberts [wife of Bill Gaventa, Jr, CHBC "Youth Alumni" Class of 1965]
- From darkness to light: aspects of conversion in the New Testament;
Fortress Press, 1986
- The Conversation continues: studies in Paul & John
in honor of J. Louis Martyn; Robert T. Fortna and Beverly R. Gaventa, eds.,
Abingdon Press, 1990
- Mary: Glimpses of the Mother of Jesus; Univ of SC Press, 1995
- First and Second Thessalonians; Knox Press, 1998
- Blessed One: Protestant Perspectives on Mary; Knox Press, 2002
["Youth Alumni" Class of 1967]
- Economic Conditions: Case Studies, Appalachian Region; Univ of Illinois Press, 1980
- Our Own Worst Enemy: The Impact of Military Spending on the Upper South; Highlander Research & Education Center, 1983
- Power and Powerlessness, Univ of Illinois Press, 1990
- Communities in Economic Crisis: Appalachia and the South; Temple Univ Press, 1990, editor
- We Make the Road by Walking; Temple Univ Press, 1991, editor
- Global Citizen Action; Rienner Pub, 1991, editor
Gaventa, William, Jr. [CHBC "Youth Alumni" Class of 1965]
- How to Be a Seminary Student and Survive; SSB of SBC, 1981
- Student Marriage; SSB of SBC, 1983
- Dear Unborn Child (with T. George); Broadman Press, 1984
- When Night Becomes As Day: Personal Stories of Faith;
SSB of SBC, 1986
- The Christlike woman, God's heart, God's hands:
reaching out to hurting wormen; LifeWay Press
- Healing for Wounded Women; SSB or SBC, 1992
- John Robinson and the English Separatist Traditions; Mercer Univ Pr, 1982
- Theology of the Reformers; Broadman & Holman Pub, 1988
- James Petigru Boyce: Selected Writings; BSSB of SBC, 1989
- Baptist Theologians; BSSB of SBC, 1990
- Faithful Witness: The Life & Mission of William Carey; Newe Hope, 1991
- Galatians (New American Commentary, Vol 30);
Broadman & Holman Pub, 1994
- Treasures from the Baptist Heritage: The Library of Baptist Classics
(Library of Baptist Churches); Broadman & Holman Pub, 1997
- Baptist Why and Why Not, Revisited; The Library of Baptist Churches;
Broadman & Holman Pub, 1997
Goerner, Henry Cornell (1908 - )
[Dr. Goerner was interim pastor at CHBC before the arrival of Dr. W.C. Boone.]
- Let's Listen; Broadman Press, 1953
- Hands Across the Sea; Convention Press, 1961
- Thus It Is Written: The Missionary Motif in the Scriptures; Convention Press, 1972.
- All Nations In God's Purpose: What the Bible Teaches About Missions, 1979.
Goetzman, Blanche[CHBC "Youth Alumni" Class of 1936]
Graham, Charles L. (1884-1953)
- "What Mean Ye By These Stones?" sermon [sound recording], CHBC, 1949
Graves, Allen Willis (1915-1991)
- Let us Sing, (with B.B. McKinney); Broadman Press, 1942
- Church Committee Manual; Convention Press, 1957
- Christ in my career; Convention Press, 1958.
- Using and Maintaining Chruch Property; Prentice-Hall, 1965
- A Church at Work: a handbook of church polity;
Convention Press, 1972
- Principles of Administration for a Baptist Association;
Home Mission Board, SBC, 1974
Graves, Harold K.
[brother of Allen Graves and president for many years of Golden Gate BTS]
- Into the Wind: Personal Reflections on the Early Years of Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary]; Broadman Press,
Graves, Helen Cannan
- Growing In Bible Knowledge; Convention Press, 1944
- "Career Interruption" in Women on Pilgrimage, ed Shurden et al; BSSB, 1982
Graves, Thomas H.[CHBC "Youth Alumni" Class of 1965]
- Servant Songs: reflections on the history and mission of Southeastern
Baptist Theological Seminary, 1950-1988, by W.Randall Lolley,
Morris Ashcraft, Thomas H. Graves, et al; ed by Thomas A. Bland, Jr.;
Smyth & Helwys, 1994
- My Money And God; Broadman Press, 1961
- Devotional Talks on Everyday Objects; SSB, 1968
- How I Write (Workbook); 1975
- Letters from Home: Vignettes of Truth in Everyday Experiences;
- Tinyburg Tales; 1983
- Glorious Is Thy Name! B.B. McKinney, The Man and His Music; Broadman Press, 1986
- A Penny's Worth of Minced Ham; SIUP, 1986
- A Peny's Worth of Minced Ham: Another Look at the Great Depression (Shawnee Books Regional HIstory Series); Southern Illinois Univ Press, 1986
- Tinyburg Revisited; 1988
- The Answer Book for Writers and Storytellers; 1991
- O Happy Day and Other Tinyburg Tales: It's Never Too Late to Go Back and Visit;
- Always of Home: A Southern Illinois Childhood (Shawnee Books) (with Edgar Allen Imhoff); 1993
- Samuel; The Inspiring Story of How an Amish Boy's Tragedy Brought Two Worlds Together; 1997
- Cultural Diversity and Economic Education (with Elias Tuma);
Pacific Book Pub., 1993
Hendricks, Lois Lindsey
- Discovering My Biblical Dream Heritage; Resource Pub, 1989
- Dreams That Help You Mourn; Resource Pub, 1997
Hendricks, William L.
- The Letters of John; Convention Press, 1970
- Spiritual Gifts; SSB of SBC, 1972
- Resource Unlimited: Christian stewardship--from theology to ecology, from motives to methods; Stewardship Commission of SBC, 1972
- The Harrowing of Hell: a morality play for seven characters;
Broadman Press, 1977
- Southern Baptists and the Bible; 1979
- A Theology for Children; Broadman Press, 1980
- Building Bridges: how Jesus helped people; SSB of SBC, 1980
- Who Is Jesus Christ?; Broadman Press, 1985
- A Theology for Aging; Broadman Press, 1986
Hester, J. Michael
- The Scope and Challenge of Family Ministry [videorecording]; SBTS, 1985
Hinson, E. Glenn (1931- )
- A Philosophy of Theological Education for the Christian Ministry, 1960
- A Source Analysis of the Pastoral Epistles: with reference to Pauline authroship (Th.D. thesis), 1962.
- The Church: Design for Survival; Broadman Press, 1967.
- Seekers After Mature Faith; a historical introduction to the classics of Christian devotion; Word Books, 1968
- A question for a troubled humanist: Why not serve man without worshiping God?, 1970.
- A Serious Call to a Contemplative Lifestyle, Westminster John Knox Press, 1974.
- Soul Liberty, doctrine of religious liberty; Convention Press, 1975.
- The integrity of the church; Broadman Press, 1978.
- A History of Baptists in Arkansas 1818-1978; Ark Bapt Conv, 1979.
- The reaffirmation of prayer; Broadman Press, 1979.
- Early Church fathers; Broadman Press, 1980.
- Are Southern Baptists Evangelicals? (with James Leo Garrett); Mercer University Press, 1983.
- Evangelization of the Roman Empire: Identity and Adaptability; Mercer Univ Press, 1981.
- Christian Spirituality: Five Views of Sancitfication: Reformed, Lutheran, Wesleyan, Pentecostal, Contemplative;
- Understandings of the Church; Fortress Press, 1986.
- Litrugy the Lords Day; Liturgical Press, 1989.
- Religious Liberty: The Christian Roots of Our Fundamental Freedoms; Glad River Publications, 1991.
- Spirituality in Ecumenical Perspective, Westminster John Knox Press, 1993.
- A Serious Call to a Contemplative Lifestyle, Rev. ed., Smyth & Helwys, 1993.
- The Church Triumphant: A History of Christianity up to 1300, Mercer Univ Press, 1995.
- The Early Church: Origins to the Dawn of the Middle Ages; Abingdon Press, 1995
- Traveling In (with Douglas Steere); Pendle Hill Publications, 1995.
- Dimensions of Prayer (with D. Steere, T. Jones); Upper Room Books, 1997.
- Love at the Heart of Things: A Biography of Douglas V. Steere; Upper Room Books, 1998
- Fire in My Bones: Transcendence and the Holy Spirit in African American Gospel; Univ of Pennsylvania Press, 1999.
- The Spiritual Preparation for Christian Leadership; Upper Room Books, 1999.
- Companions in Christ: A Small-Group Experience in Spiritual Formation; Upper Room Books, 2001
Honeycutt, Roy Lee (1926-2004)
- The text of Habakkuk examined in the light of
modern research and discovery; Thesis (Th.D.) SBTS, 1958
- Jeremiah and the cult, 1962.
- Amos and his message: an expository commentary; Broadman Press, 1963
- The unity and witness of Scripture; Foundations, 1964.
- Crisis and response; Abingdon Press, 1965
- These Ten Words; What the Ten Commandments say to our time;
Broadman Press, 1966
- Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy; Broadman Press, 1979
- Jeremiah: witness under pressure; Convention Press, 1981
- Affirming women in ministry; SBTS, 1984
- Biblical Authority: a treasured Baptist Heritage; Review and Expositor, 1987
- Into A Larger World; Laity Lodge,
- Our Future Story (hymn)
- The Laity Lodge Hymn
Hull, William E.
- The background of the new temple concept in early Chrsitianity;
Thesis (Th.D.) SBTS, 1960
- Love in Four Dimensions; BSSB, 1982
- The Christian Experience of Salvation (Layman's Library of Christian Doctrine, Vol 9); BSSB, 1987
- Beyond the Bariers; Broadman Press,
- Women on Pilgrimage (ed. with Nutt, McEwen, Shurden); BSSB of SBC, 1982
(see chapter contributors under Kay Shurden)
Dottie Graves Dinwiddie: chapt 4, "Women on Pilgrimage Through Change: Professional Therapy"
- "Story and Spirituality," Becoming Christian, B.Leonard,ed;
J. Knox Press, 1990
- Memoirs of a Teenage Hobo in the Thirties; Carlton Press, 1983
(this is likely not "our" James Hyde, but a book he would have enjoyed writing.)
- "Spiritual Direction in a Changing Culture";
Oates Web Site, 1998.
- Shattered Vocations; Broadman Press, 1990
Johnson, William S.
- A Journey of Faith; Along the Spiritual Highway; Css Pub Co.
Jordan, Oakley[Youth Alumni "Class of 1967"]
- Death's Parallel; Rainbow Books, Inc., 2002
- Word of God across the ages; Broadman Press, 1981
- Out of one, many: Americn religion and American pluralism;
Stetson University Print Shop, 1984
- Early American Christianity, Bill Leonard, ed; SSB of SBC, 1984
- The Nature of the Church; Broadman Press, 1986
- Nature of the Church: Layman's Library of Christian Doctrine;
SSB of SBC, 1986
- Becoming Christian: dimensions of Spiritual formation; Bill Leonard, ed;
Westminster/J.Knox Press, 1990. (with contributions by
Bill Leonard --"Spirituality and Worship,"
Dan Aleshire--"Mapping the Spiritual Journey,"
Paul Simmons--"Ethical maturity and spiritual formation,"
Glenn Hinson--"The contribution of women to spirituality,"
Edward Thornton--"The minister as spiritual friend,"
Glen Stassen--"Spirituality, joy and the value of play,"
Diana Garland--"Spirituality and sexuality,"
Wayne Oates--"Spirituality and sexuality,"
Milburn Price--"Spirituality and vocation,"
William Rogers--"Spirituality and vocation,"
James Hyde--"Story and spirituality,"
William Hendricks--"Christian spirituality and the arts,"
Anne Davis--"Learning environments and spiritual formation,"
Molly Marshall-Green--"The contribution of women to spirituality," et al.)
- God's Last and Only Hope: The Fragmentation of the Southern Baptist
Convention; W.B.Eerdmans, 1990
- Word of God Across the Ages: Using Christian History in Preaching;
Smyth & Helwys Pub, 1991
- Dictionary of Baptists in America, editor; Intervarsity Press, 1994
- Risk the Journey: Answering God's Call to Proclaim His Word;
WMU of the SBC, 1995
- Encyclopedia of Religious Controversies in the United States,
Bill Leonard and George Shriver, eds; Greenwood Pub Group, due 1998
- Baptist Ways, A History; Judson Press, 2003
McEwen, June Holland
- Women on Pilgrimage (ed. with Dinwiddie [Hyde], Nutt, Shurden); BSSB , 1982
(see chapter contributors under Kay Shurden)
June Holland McEwen: chapt 6, "Women on Pilgrimage Through Change: Return to College"
- The Gift of Simplicity; BSSB, 1984
Marshall-Green, Molly Truman
- No Salvation Outside the Church?: A Critical Inquiry
(Nabpr Dissertation Series, No 9); Edwin Mellen Press, 1993
- What It Means to Be Human; Smyth & Helwys Pub., 1995
Moody, Dale (1915-1992)
- The problem of revelation and reason in the writings of Emil Brunner;
Thesis (Th.D.) SBTS, 1947
- What is the Church?; Broadman Press, 1958.
- The Battle Lines of Biblical Revelation; 1961.
- Christ and the Church; W.B. Erdmans, 1963.
- The Hope of Glory; W.B.Erdmans, 1964
- Baptism: Foundation of Christian Unity; Westminster Press, 1967
- Spirit of the living God: the Biblical concepts interpreted in context;
Westminster Press, 1968
- The letters of John; Word Books, 1970
- Spirit of the living God: what the Bible says about the Spirit;
Broadman Press, 1976
- Adam and Eve: and other essays relatiung the Biblical View of Man to
Modern Throught; SBTS, 1977
- The word of truth: a summary of Christian doctrine based on Biblical revelation;
W.B.Erdmans Pub. Co, 1981
- The inspiration of Holy Scriptures: unpublished documents collected
and edited by DM], SBTS, 1981
- Apostasy: a study in th Epistle to the Hebrews and in Baptist History;
Smyth & Helwys, 1991
Morton, William Hardy (1915 - 1988)
- The bearing of the records of Ras Shamra on the exegesis of the Old Testament;
Thesis (Th.D.) SBTS, 1946
- Outreach through recreation and drama [sound recording in SBTS Lib], 1969
Nutt, Eleanor Wilson
- Women on Pilgrimage (ed. with Hyde, McEwen, Shurden); BSSB of SBC, 1982
(see chapter contributors under Kay Shurden)
Eleanor Wilson Nutt: chapt 8, "Women on Pilgrimage Through Choice: Personhood"
Nutt, Grady (1934-1982)
[Though a member of St. Matthews and not CHBC, Dr. Oates has had tremendous impact on the personal and professional lives of many of Crescent Hill's members. Some of his books with publication dates are, therefore, included below as found in the files of Amazon.com]
- Being Me; Broadman Press, 1971
- The Gospel According to Norton; Broadman Press, 1974
- Grady Nutt: Prime Minister of Humor (LP album); Word Records, Waco, TX, 1976
- Agaperos: a collection of poems for the student; Broadman Press, 1977
- So Good, So Far ...; Impact Books, 1979
- The Crescent Hill Hymn [written in conjunction with Paul Duke]; CHBC, 1981
- Introduction to Pastoral Counseling; 1959
- Bible in Pastoral Care; ?
- On Becoming Children of God; ?
- When Religion Gets Sick; 1970
- Where to Go for Help; 1972
- The Psychology of Religion; 1973
- Before You Marry Them: A Premarital Guidebook for Pastors; 1976
- Pastoral Care and Counseling in Grief and Separation; 1976
- Workaholics, Make Laziness Work for You; 1978
- Confessions of a Workaholic; 1979
- Holy Spirit and Contemporary Man; 1979
- Pastor's Handbook, Vols I & II; 1980
- Your Particular Grief; 1981
- When You Can't Find Time for Each Other; 1982
- Pastoral Counseling; 1982
- The Christian Pastor; 1982
- The Struggle to Be Free: My Story and Your Story; 1983
- Your Right to Rest (Potentials); 1984
- Convictions That Give You Confidence (Potentials); 1984
- Managing Your Stress; 1985
- The Presence of God in Pastoral Counseling; 1986
- The Religious Care of the Psychiatric Patient; 1990
- Behind the Masks: Pesonality Disorders in Religious Behavior; 1991
- Temptation; A Biblical and Psychological Approach; 1991
- "Henlee Barnette: An Odyssey of a Friendship" in Perspectives on Christian Ethics;
Mercer Univ Press, 1991
- A Practical Handbook for Ministry: From the Writings of Wayne E. Oates; 1993
- The Care of Troublesome People; 1994
- Luck a Secular Faith; 1995
- Nurturing Silence in a Noisy Heart: How to Find Inner Peace; 1996
- Grace Enough: Timeless Words for Trying Times; 1996
- Grief, Transition, and Loss: A Pastor's Practical Guide; 1997
- Wayne Oates Institute On-Line; 1998
Owens, John Joseph
- Exodus; Harper & Row, 1977
- Genesis; Harper & Row, 1978
- Analytical Key to the Old Testament: Isaiah-Malachi Vol 4;
Baker Book House,1989
- Analytical Key to the Old Testament: Genesis-Joshua Vol 1;
Baker Book House, 1990
- Analytical Key to the Old Testament: Ezra-Song of Solomon Vol 3;
Baker Book House,1991
- Analytical Key to the Old Testament; Baker Book House, 1992
- Analytical Key to the Old Testament: Judges-2 Chronicles Vol 2;
Baker Book House,1992
- The Hebrew text of the Scriptures on computer [ongoing project]
Pendergraph, G.R. ( ? - ?)
- Church Survey Handbook; KBC, 196-?
Peterson, Hugh Raymond (1903-1986)
- A Study of the Gospel of Mark; Convention Press, 1958
- The place of worship in the religioius life: a psychological study
of non-liturgical Christian worship; Thesis (Ph.D.) SBTS, 1937
Phillips, Elgene (1937?-1977)
- Thuds and Thrills: (or "How to Survive your friends); Convention Press, 1976
- Recognizing Relationships; Sunday School Board of the SBC, 1977.
Pollard, Nina Tyler
- Nothing But a Footprint; BSSB of SBC, 1986
Polsgrove, Carol Ann (Claxon)[CHBC "Youth Alumni" Class of 1962]
- It Wasn't Pretty Folks, But Didn't We Have Fun? Esquire in the Sixties;
W.W. Norton & Co, 1995
- Divided Minds, W.W. Norton & Co., 2001
[CHBC "Youth Alumni" Class of 1958]
- Mangos, Mosquitoes, and Me [unpublished mss of MK memoirs]; 1981
Pool, Elizabeth Routh
[During furlow from Nigeria, Elizabeth and Christy, like many other missionaries spent years in Louisville and found a home at CHBC.]
- Lucille Reagan of Africa in His Might; Broadman Press, 1954
- The Bread-Maker's Son; Broadman Press, 1957
- "Star" [unpublished poetry]; 1994
- The Hill Called Moon;
- "Spirituality and Vocation" in Becoming Christian: dimensions of Spiritual formation;
Bill Leonard, ed; Westminster/J.Knox Press, 1990.
- writer for Handbook to The Baptist Hymnal, Jere Adams, ed; Broadman Press, 1992
- writer for Handbook to The Baptist Hymnal, Jere Adams, ed; Broadman Press, 1992
and contributing essay: "The Resources: American Baptist Hymnals"
Risinger, Mary H.
- "Singleness" in Women on Pilgrimage, ed Shurden et al; BSSB, 1982
Rogers, William B.
- Being a Christian Educator: discovering your identity, heritage and vision;
Smyth & Helwys, 1996.
Routh, Eugene Coke (1874-1966)
[Dr. Routh, former editor of the Baptist Standard, Oklahoma Baptist Messenger, and The Commisson often visited his daughter Leila K. Routh Arnett and attended CHBC when in town]
- The Life Story of Dr. J.B. Gambrell; Oklahoma City, 1929
- Reading the Bible; Oklahoma City, 1934
- Are All Roads the Same? Broadman Press, 1941
- Word Overcoming the World; Broadman Press, 1941
- Evening and Morning in China; Broadman Press, 1950
- Adventures in Christian Journalism [and autobiography]; Broadman Press, 1951
- Scattered Abroad; Broadman Press, 1952
- Baptists on the March; Judson Press, 1952
- Who Are They?; Lockhart, Texas, 1952
- According to the Scriptures; Messenger Press, Oklahoma City, 1955
- Story of Oklahoma Baptists;
Routh, Donald Kent
[Donald is not a member of CHBC but is a nephew of Leila K. Routh Arnett and professional friend of the Jenny Graves--CHYA '63--Weisz' husband, John]
- Clinical Psychology Since 1917; Science, Practice, and Organization;
Plenum Press, 1994
Routh, Porter Wroe (1911-1987)
[Porter was a member of First Baptist Church of Nashville, TN but often visited CHBC and was the brother of Leila K. Routh Arnett. Porter served for many years as the Executive Secretary of the Executive Committee or the SBC and retired several years before its transition]
- Meet the Presidents [biographical sketches of SBC presidents from 1845];
Broadman Press, 1953
- We Southern Baptists; 1955
- "Illusions and Reality" Commencement address at SBTS, June 4, 1976
- Chosen for Leadership - Sketches of 39 Presidents of the Southern Baptist Convention; Broadman Press, 1976.
[Though not currently a member of CHBC, Wade has had many close associations with the membership over the years.]
- The two-career marriage; Westminster Press, 1980.
- How to talk with teenagers; Broadman Press, 1990.
Rust, Eric Charles (1910-1991)
- The Christian Understanding of History; Lutterworth Press, 1947
- Salvation History, John Knox Press, 1963.
- Towards a theological understanding of history; Oxford, 1963.
- Sciend and faith - towards a theological understanding of nature; Oxford, 1967.
- Evolutionary Philosophies and Contemporary Theology; Westminster Press, 1969
- Positive Religion in a Revolutionary Time; Westminster Press, 1970
- Covenant and Hope: a study in the theology of the prophets; Word Books, 1972
- Religion, Revelation & Reason; Mercer Univ Press, 1981
- The Word and Words: Toward a Theology of Preaching; Mercer Univ Press, 1982
- Tell Joshua: The Wars of the Judges
- King David in the Valley of the Shadow of Middle Age; Xlibris.com, 2001
- I Will Bring You Back: The Story of Jacob, His Sons, and His God; Xlibris.com, 2002
- Forty Years in the Wilderness: Moses Leads the Bible's Lost Generation; tba
Shoemaker, H. Stephen
- Retelling the Biblical Story; BSSB, 1985
- The Jekyll & Hyde Syndrome: A New Encounter With the
Seven Deadly Sins and Seven Lively Virtues; BSSB of SBC, 1987
- Strength in Weakness; BSSB of SBC, 1989
- Godstories: New Narratives from Sacred Texts; Judson Press, 1998
Shurden, Kay W.
- Women on Pilgrimage (ed. with Dinwiddie [Hyde], McEwen, Nutt); BSSB, 1982
with contributing chapters by:
Dorothy Hays Steedly: "Depression"
Ann Crosby: "Divorce"
Betty Taylor Cook: "Death of a Husband"
Dottie Graves Dinwiddie [now Cannan Hyde]: "Professional Therapy"
Carolyn DeArmond Blevins: "Career Resumption"
June Holland McEwen: "Return to College"
Kay Wilson Shurden: "Change of Career"
Eleanor Wilson Nutt: "Personhood"
Nancy Drown Allen: "Dual Careers"
Magraret Mein Graves: "Career Interruption"
Judy Grabiel Gaddy: "Identity"
Anita Bass: "Mid-Life"
Mary H. Risinger: "Singleness"
Shurden, Walter B.
- Associationalism Among Baptists in America, 1707-1814;
Thesis, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, 1967
- Not a Silent People: controversies that have shaped Southern Baptists;
Broadman Press, 1972
- The Sunday School Board: ninety years of service;
Broadman Press, 1981
- The Doctrine of the Priesthood of Believers; Convention Press, 1987
- The Ministry of a Southern Baptist Church to Families at the Event of
the Birth of a Child; Thesis (S.T.D.) SBTS, 1968
- Communicating Christian Values in the Home (with Janice Siler);
Convention Press, 1984
- Exile or Embrace, Congregations Discerning Their Response to Lesbian and Gay Christians; The Pilgrim Press, 2005
- Cop Out, Conform, or Commit? Convention Press, 1985
- "Contextual Principled--Agapism as an Ethical Method" in Perspectives on
Christian Ethics; Essays in Honor of Henlee Hulix Barnette, Rollin S. Armour, ed;
Mercer Univ Press, 1991
- Surviving Ministry; Smyth & Helwys, 1997
- Counseling for Church Vocations; Broadman Press, 1957
- The Family and Mental Illness; Westminster Press, 1957
- Pastoral Evangelism; Broadman Press, 1962
- Conversion and Christian Character; Broadman Press, 1965
- The Imperfect Disciple; Broadman Press, 1968
- Christians and Mental Health; Broadman Press, 1972
- Anger in Love; Westminster Press, 1973
Sparkman, G. Temp
- Being a Disciple; Broadman Press
- Leadership Roles for Youth; SSB of SBC, 1970
- Knowing and Helping Youth, ed.; SSB of SBC, 1977
- The Salvation and Nurture of the Child of God: The Story of Emma;
Judson Press, 1983
- To Live with Hope; Judson Press, 1985
- Findley Edge: Teacher, Theorist, Prophet; SBTS, 1986
in conjunction with the Edge Festival at Southern Baptist Seminary, 1986.
- Writing Your Own Worship Materials: Responsive Readings,
Litanies, Prayers, Worship Service Outlines (with G. Temp Sparkman);
Judson Press, 1988
- The Book of Acts: the early struggle for an unhindered gospel;
Broadman Press, 1955
- Exploring the New Testament; Convention Press, 1961
- New Testament Theology; Broadman Press, 1962
- Studies in Luke's Gospel; Convention Press, 1967
- Glossolalia; tongue speaking in Biblical, historical,
and psychological perspective; Abingdon Press, 1967
- Polarities of Man's Existence in Biblical Perspective;
Westminster Press, 1973
- Galatians/Romans; John Knox Press, 1980
- The Bible Speaks on Aging; Broadman Press, 1981
- The Doctrine of Christ; Convention Press, 1984
- The Holy Spirit Today; Smyth & Helwys, 1995
Stanfield, Vernon Latrelle ( ? - 1991)
- Effective evangelistic preaching; Baker Book House, 1965
- The Christian Worshiping; Convention Press, 1965
Stassen, Glen H.
- The Journey into Peacemaking; Brotherhood Commisson of SBC, 1983
- Just Peacemaking: transforming initiatives for justice and peace;
Westminster/John Knox Press, 1992
- Authentic Transformation: a new vision of Christ and culture;
Abingdon Press, 1996
- Just Peacemaking: Ten Practices for Abolishing War;
Pilgrim Press, 1998
- Capital Punishment: A Reader; Pilgrim Press, 1998
Steedly, Dorothy Hays
- "Depression" in Women on Pilgrimage, ed Shurden et al; BSSB, 1982
Talbott, Hudson[CHBC "Youth Alumni" Class of 1967]
- Statue of Liberty Centennial Paper Doll Book; Pub Group West, 1986
- Going Hollywood: A Dinosaur's Dream; Random Library, 1989
and Crown Pub, 1993
- The Lady at Liberty: Memoirs of a Monument; Avon Books, 1991
- King Arthur: The Sword in the Stone; William Morrow & Co, 1991
- Your Pet Dinosaur: An Owner's Manual; William Morrow & Co, 1992
- We're Back!: A Dinosaur's Story (Dragonfly Books); Crown Pub, 1993
- King Arthur and the Round Table (Books of Wonder:
Tales of the King); William Morrow & Co, 1995
- Excalibur; William Morrow & Co, 1996
- Your Pet Dinosaur: An Owner's Manual by Dr. Rex;
Beech Tree Books, 1996
- Real Life Real Faith: being Christian in today's world;
Judson Press, 1994
- God on Trial: The Book of Job and Human Suffering;
Liturgical Press, 1997
Thornton, Edward E.
- To Hell and Beyond: images of the spiritual journey in Dante's Comedy;
- Theology and pastoral counseling; Prentice-Hall, 1964
- A critique of clinical pastoral education; Thesis (Th.D.), SBTS, 1961
- The Crisis of Fear; Broadman Press, 1988
- The Christian Adventure; Broadman Press, 1991
- Being Transformed, an inner way of spiritual growth;
Westminster Press, 1984.
Treadwell, William C.
- What makes religious education Christian?;
CHBC sermon, Louisville, 1978.
- Church Organizations Alive!; Broadman Press, 1987
Tucker, Alice J.
- Call Him Enoch: dedicated to the memory of
Fred Gentry Tucker, Sr., Louisville, 1964.
Tupper, E. Frank
- The Theology of Wolfhart Pannenberg; Westminster Press, 1973
- A Scandalous Providence: the Jesus Story of Compassion;
Mercer University Press, 1995
- The Concept of Holy Scripture in Biblical literature (thesis), 1952.
- "One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism" in Professor in the Pulpit; Broadman Press, 1963.
- The Drama of Redemption; Broadman Press, 1966
- The Word Comes Alive; Broadman Press, 1969
- Gospel sources: a reconsideration from the perspective of
redactional theology; Ecumenical Institute for
Advanced Theological Studies, 1974
- The Holy Spirit; Broadman Press, 1987
- autobiographical essay in How I Have Changed My Mind; Review & Expositor, 1993.
Weatherspoon, J.B. (Jesse Burton) (1886-1964)
- Sent Forth To Preach; Harper, 1954
- M. Theron Rankin, "Apostle Of Advance"; Broadman Press, 1958
Weisz, John R.
- The Effects of Psychotherapy With Children and Adolescents (Developmental Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry, Vol 27); Sage Pubns, 1993
Weisz, Virginia Graves
[CHBC "Youth Alumni" Class of 1963]
- Children and Adolescents in Need: A Legal Primer for Professionals Serving Children, Sage Pubns, 1994
- Children and Adolescents in Need: A Legal Primer for the Helping Professional; Sage Pubns, 1995
- Sister Images/ Guided Meditations from the Stories of
Biblical Women; Abingdon Press, 1993
- Time apart for My Soul: Readings and Reflections for the Christian Year;
Dimensions for Living, 1998
Zimmerman, Gideon K.
- Heritage and Ministry of the North American Baptist Conference, by Frank H. Woyke;
NABC, 1979. (foreward by Dr. G.K. Zimmerman, exec. sec and about whose work much of the book is concerned)
- God! What a World [album]; Windmill Power Music, 1981
- Songs and Hymns [album]; Windmill Power Music, 1983, reissued as [CD] in 1999.
- Sweet By and By...We, O God, Unite Our Voices...What a Friend We Have in Jesus...Friend of Jesus...The Gospel is Love...O Love That Will Not Let Me Go...It is Well with My Soul...The Family of God...What Can You Do...I Want a Hug (The Hug)...When I Can Read My Title Clear...I Know Who Holds Tomorrow
- Home [album]; Windmill Power Music, 1986
- Ain't This Boy A Wonder [album]; Dangerous Faith Records, 1994
- Friendly Beasts...How Far is it to Bethlehem...Sweet Little Jesus Boy...The Cherry Tree Carol...O Come, Little Children...Silent Night...Some Children See Him...What Else Can a Working Man Do...O Little Town of Bethlehem...Joseph's Song...Joy to the World...A Night Like Any Other Night
- just Hymns: Singing With the Angels [cassette, CD];
Dangerous Faith Records, 1997
- Shall We Gather at the River...O the Deep Deep Love of Jesus...How Firm a Foundation...Amazing Grace...Wondrous Love...Be Thou My Vision...Come Ye Thankful People Come...Leaning on the Everlasting Arms...Blessed Quietness...Abide with Me...We, O God, Unite Our Voices...Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee...My Shepherd Will Supply My Need...Simple Gifts
- Light in the Dark [CD]; D.E. Adams, 2003
- MLK, ...Lift Every Voice and Sing, ...Footsteps of Jesus, ...My God I Love Thee, ...Come Thou Fount, ...O Sacred Head Sore Wounded, ...Take Me to the Water, ...Psalm 23, ...Come Ye Disconsolate, ...He Leadeth Me, ...He Who Valiant Be, ...There Is a Voice, ...Tous de Bon
- numerous calls to worship at CHBC
Burroughs, David and Colleen
- "Blessing The Future"; CBF Gen Assembly, 1997
- One in the Spirit; 1971
- Celebrate Life (musical); Broadman, 1972
- In The Garden; Triangle, 1975
- Bright New Wings [musical score, album]; Triune Music, 1976
- The Way I Feel; Triangle, 1977
- Angels [muscial score]; Triune Music, 1978
- It Was His Love; Triangle, 1979
- You're Welcome Here; 1980
- Finest Hour; Triangle, 1981
- Forever; 1983
- "Softly and Tenderly" in Trip to Bountiful; Island Pictures, 1985
- Immortal; Word Records, 1986
- Hymnsinger; 1987
- Carolsinger; 1988
Christianity Today article - Oct 1988
- Words Will Never Do; Dayspring, 1990
- Blessed Assurance - Songs My Grandmother Taught Me; 1993
Home Life article - Dec 1993
- River of Memories; Spring Hill Music Group, 1994
- Sisters; Warner Bros., 1994
- Prayer & Plainsong; Civic Group Records, 1997 Re-released from 1995
- Broken: Healing the Heart; Civic Day, 1999
- Celebrate Life (with Buryl Red);
Crane, Mary Ann
Duckworth, Laura Lea
- "Love Finds A Way"; CHBC cap impr campaign, 1997
- Crescent Hill Hymn (with Grady Nutt); 1981
Fox, Baynard Layne (d. 1982)
[CHBC "Youth Alumni" Class of 1950]
- I'll Tell the World that I'm a Christian; 1991, Baptist Hymnal
- many other anthems, solos and cantatas
[CHBC "Youth Alumni" Class of 1964]
- Our Future Story
- The Laity Lodge Hymn, lyrics
music by Charles Webb
- Brother of the Sun; 1976
- He's Alive [album]; 1978
- Got To Tell Somebody [album]; 1979
- The Traveler; 1981
- The Live Concert; 1982, 1988
- Holiness; 1984
- One Heart at a Time; 1985
- The Power; 1987
- Forgiven; 1988
- High Praise; 1988
- Live in the U.K.; 1989
- Vision of the Valley; 1991
- The Early Works; 1991
- Come Away; 1992
- Songs from the Spirit, Vol 1: Genesis & Job; 1994
- He's Alive; 1997 (Re-recordings of old songs)
- Beautiful to Me; 1998 (Re-recordings of old songs)
McKinney, Baylus Benjamin (1886-1952)
[B.B. wasn't ever a member of CHBC, but his wife's niece--Leila Arnett &
great niece--Nina Pollard have been members.]
Several books of his life have been published including Richard J. Hasting's book listed under his name--Glorious is Thy Name--and The Songs of B.B.McKinney, ed Alta Faircloth; Broadman Press, 1974
McKinney composed over 200 hymns from 1916 to 1952 in various hymnals including:
- Come Here Today, 1916
- The Nail-Scarred Hand, 1924
- Let Others See Jesus in You, 1924
- Satisfied with Jesus, 1926
- Speak to My Heart, 1927
- Have Faith in God, 1934
- Breathe on Me, 1937
- Wherever He Leads I'll Go, 1937
- Be Ye Doers of the Word, 1940
- Glorious Is Thy Name, 1942
- My All For Jesus, 1952
- Crescent Hill Hymn (with Paul Duke); 1981
Instrumental Musicians of Crescent Hill
This page updated - August, 2001. Send any corrections or additions to webmaster
CRESCENT HILL BAPTIST CHURCH
2800 Frankfort Avenue
Louisville, Kentucky 40206
(502) 896-4425...Fax: 896-9855
We would like to hear from you.
Return to top of this page
Return to new Home page